Reasons women consider breast reductionWednesday, September 30, 2020
While the breasts make women feel feminine, they can also be a source of frustration as well. This typically occurs for women who have larger breasts. Large breasts can make it difficult for women to feel comfortable or perform certain activities, which is often the point at which they consider the benefits of breast reduction surgery.
Understanding breast reduction
Dr. Joseph C. Berardi is a board-certified plastic surgeon in Scottsdale, AZ who offers breast reduction procedures. Breast augmentation with breast implants are the most common procedure; however, some women want to reduce their breast size. This involves the removal of fat, breast tissue, and skin, and in some cases involves the repositioning of the areola. Women with large breasts often find there are many advantages to reducing their breast size.
Why undergo breast reduction?
Below are just a few of the more common reasons why women consider breast reduction surgery:
- Unwanted attention. Many women with large breasts feel as though they are distracting to others, especially when wearing a lower-cut blouse or swimsuits.
- Difficulty finding clothing. Large breasts can make it difficult for women to find properly fitted clothing, causing them to wear larger, baggier clothes instead of more form-fitting alternatives.
- One common complaint amongst women with larger breasts is pain and discomfort. Large breasts put a lot of weight on the upper front part of the body, which results in back pain, shoulder pain, and neck pain.
- Inability to exercise. Running, jogging, and other physical activities can be difficult or even impossible with larger breasts, due to their weight. With breast reduction surgery, many women can lead a more active, healthy lifestyle.
- Self-confidence. Women who deal with large breasts may have decreased self-confidence and self-esteem, making surgery a life-changing solution for their emotional health.
Speak to a professional about breast reduction today
If you live in the area of Scottsdale, AZ and are interested in discussing the benefits of breast reduction, now is the time to call Dr. Joseph C. Berardi and his team at (480) 397-0711. His practice is located at 8900 East Bahia Drive, Suite #110 and is a board-certified plastic surgeon open to new and current patients.