Why Would You Get Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery used to be something that people would get when they could no longer tolerate the advancing signs of aging. It used to be something people did discreetly, hoping no one would spot the telltale signs of their facelift, breast augmentation, or other procedure. Today, even during the recent pandemic, a rising number of people sought care from a plastic surgeon. Here, we discuss why. One of these reasons for having plastic surgery may resonate with you.
Why Have Plastic Surgery?
- Lines and wrinkles. Think that injectables are the only way to erase lines and wrinkles. In some cases, these FDA-approved products work wonderfully. There may come a time, however, when too much is needed to smooth away deep creases. Lines and wrinkles that form on the forehead, around the eyes, between the brows, and even around the nose and mouth may at some point require surgery for optimal correction.
- Loose skin. Facial aging isn't limited to lines and wrinkles or creases around the nose and mouth. Tissue laxity, a problem that worsens with each passing year, can result in softening and then sagging at the jawline. In addition to jowls, problems like turkey neck, a double chin, and horizontal lines on the neck may be attributed to laxity. Neck and facelift procedures are excellent for resolving these concerns precisely and with prolonged results.
- Excess skin. There is loose skin, like that we have mentioned, and there is excess skin. If you've been pregnant or have lost a great deal of weight, you may know what we're referring to. Sometimes, the skin and underlying tissue stretch too far to bounce all the way back. People are left with skin that hangs and folds over itself, and a loss of confidence in their appearance. Abdominoplasty is a popular procedure for dealing with excess abdominal skin.
- Mom Problems. No, plastic surgery can't solve all of a mom's problems, but it can restore a shape that any mother would feel really good in. The great thing about mommy makeover treatment is that every patient gets to customize their procedures to match their goals.
- Reconstruction. Breast cancer can be a devastating disease. Reconstruction after or during the treatment program can give a woman some sense of control over her outcome. Some plastic surgeons hold extensive training and skill in the performance of breast reconstruction procedures and help patients understand which options are best suited to their situation.
Plastic surgery modifies a person's shape and facial aesthetic. In so doing, though, a plastic surgery procedure can significantly boost the alignment a person feels with their body. If you see yourself differently in your mind's eye than what is reflected in the mirror, contact us. A consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon could be your first step in feeling at home in your body. Contact our Denver office at 303.399.7662.